Thursday, January 20, 2005

 

Hating the Patriots

I have a blind unreasoning dislike of the NE Patriots. I can distinctly place it to the time when Tom Brady got that most unreasonable call in his favour when they deemed he was trying to tuck the ball and so it wasn't a fumble. I was rooting for the Raiders in that game since I liked Gannon for some reason.
When NEP went on to beat Pittsburgh and the Rams I was really upset and most gleeful when the next year they didn't even make the play-offs. Imagine my chagrin when last year they not only go all the way but beat my local team, the Panthers in the process!

I will be rooting for Pittsburgh big time this weekend but in my heart of hearts I feel it is a lost cause. Bill Belichick is not going to let the same team beat him twice in a season. People say that Pittsburgh has the game to beat NE but the same people said that the Colts would prevail in the absence of Law and Seymour. Wasn't it weird that once the Colts lost all the analysts were like "oh it was bound to happen". Only Costas expressed some degree of surprise.

Atlanta might pose more of a struggle to NE in the final if nothing else because of Vick's unpredictability and even a brilliant coach like Belichick can't prepare for him.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Get jaxtr | Login