Sunday, January 16, 2005

 

Being a Fan

I have been a fan of the Minnesota Vikings since 97 which is when I moved to Minnesota from India. I have been in NC now for a couple of years and continue to be a Vikings fan. I watched them play very poorly earlier today and lose. Watched would be an overstatement- my idea of watching is to switch off the TV every time something I don't like happens. This could be a 3 and out, the opposition scoring or about to score, an interception, any number of things really.
I really like to watch only if the Vikings are doing well, a performance like Atlanta's yesterday would be to my liking. Or then again I might decide to switch off 'cos it is a blow-out.
I follow other Minnesota teams too, the Twins, the T'Wolves, the Gopher football team. In 7+ years of fandom I have yet to see a championship between them- the 98 Vikings came the closest.

I think the last winner was the Twins in 91, so the sports fans of Minnesota are owed a championship of some sort- while not yet 86 years, 14 years times 4 teams (not including the Wild here) is 56 years of futility.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Get jaxtr | Login